If you are working at a cultural heritage institution that is taking on digital content management, you have most likely had to wrestle with questions around preserving web sites. Are there web sites your institution should be preserving? Do you really need to preserve these web sites? How do you preserve web sites? Below are some of these questions (and more!). Each of the question links leads to pages with suggested actions, use cases, videos, and readings that have been gathered to help you along the way.
- What do I need to consider for developing a selection policy?
- What approach should I take to collect web sites?
- What criteria should I consider to select web sites to archive?
- What are the challenges for preserving web sites?
- How can I preserve the web content that I collect?
- What collection method should I use?
- What web archiving tools should I consider?
- How do I control quality?
- What other resources are available?
Last updated on 08/26/13, 9:50 pm by callee