The School of Library and Information Science invites applications for a full-time tenure-track Assistant or Associate Professor position specialising in Preservation of Digital Information.
The successful candidates will be expected to teach at all three levels of the curriculum, supervise graduate students, engage in ongoing research and publication, and contribute to the academic life and reputation of the University.
• PhD in Information Science or in a discipline relevant to the job profile.
• Ability to develop a rigorous and original research program.
• Teaching experience.
• Demonstrated expertise in one or several of the following areas:
- Preservation of audiovisual and multimedia documents.
- Ethical, legal and normative aspects of the preservation of digital information.
- Preservation of digital heritage.
• Professional experience will be considered an asset.
• Proficiency in the French language.
The Université de Montréal is a Québec university with an international reputation. French is the language of instruction. To renew its teaching faculty, the University is intensively recruiting the world’s best specialists. In accordance with the institution’s language policy [http://secretariatgeneral.umontreal.ca/fileadmin/user_upload/secretariat/doc_officiels/reglements/administration/adm10-34_politique-linguistique.pdf], the Université de Montréal provides support for newly-recruited faculty to attain proficiency in French.
The Université de Montréal offers a competitive salary and a complete range of employee benefits.
Anticipated Start Date
June 1, 2013.
The complete application, including a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copies of recent publications and research, must be received at the address below by January 31st, 2013.
Three letters of recommendation are also to be sent directly to the department director at the following address:
Clément Arsenault, directeur
École de bibliothéconomie et sciences de l’information
Université de Montréal
C. P. 6128, succursale Centre-ville
Montréal (Québec), H3C 3J7
For more information about the École de bibliothéconomie et des sciences de l’information, please consult the website at : www.ebsi.umontreal.ca/.